Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

The town took my fence down to replace sewer lines told them

Customer Question

the town took my fence down to replace sewer lines told them i had a dog and would they please put my fence back as soon as they were done they told me they would but its been three months still not got my fence up called several times to complain they give me a number to call to complain futher that was disconnected finley a fence co came a month ago put up a few post and left because property was not surveyed want to charge them 40.00 a day to have to walk my dog work night shift so have to get up early to take dog out 3 times a day it been over 3 months still havent got fence up
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I have read your comments, but I am not sure what your legal question is?

.

Are you asking how to force the town to finish putting the fence up?

.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just think they scould be made to pay me for having to take my dog out three times a day if i get somebody to do it it would cost me i give them almost a month before complaining its still been over three more months still havent got my fence put up i shouldnt have to walk my dog when he could just go out on his own in his yard whenever he wanted he stays in the house so i have to take him out it cost me my time and i lose sleep plus they told me they would put it up as soon as they finished just not right i did not tell them to tear my fence down but they say they have right of way 3 months and counting still waiting can i charge them for having to walk my dog

just think they should be made to pay me for having to take my dog out three times a day

.

Honestly..that isn't going to happen.. You can't arbitrarily charge them a fee that you feel is reasonable for the imposition of having to walk your dog.

.

Your recourse here it to go ahead and contact a local attorney and have them send a "demand letter" to the town saying that if the fence isn't installed in XX days, you are going to file suit against the town for violating your property rights and destruction of your personal property by taking down the fence.

.

Now if you were paying someone to come and walk your dog, those are actual damages that you are incurring out of pocket that you can document and prove in a lawsuit against the town for damages.

.

The thing is unless you get their attention and scare them with an attorney, they are just going to continue to ignore you simply because they can.. So you have to make them pay attention to you and the only way to do so is by legally threatening them.

,

.

thanks