Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Without going into to much detail, my husband and I are my

Customer Question

Without going into to much detail, my husband and I are my brother-in-laws advocate since an accident that left him paralyzed. Last weekend I received a phone call from the i.c.u. doctor at the hospital he was at. The doctor basically was telling me that we should just let my brother-in-law die, and i questioned what he was talking about, Doctor said brother-in-law deteriorated over the evening and night. I told him not to do anything until we got there and we would have a meeting. I was hysterical. So i notified my husband and a sister, 5 minutes later I got another call from same doctor saying he apologized because he made a mistake. wrong patient information. I went to hospital and verbal complained.. then I heard nothing back so I called them a few times. Another woman called me back and assured me they were taking care of it, but told me they cant tell me how because of the doctors confidentiality. I cant accept this. I think all is being done internally without an official report, and I want to know for certain this doctor will never do this again.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: mo
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: reported verbally 2 times
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?