Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

I recently incurred hearing damage and Tinnitus while

Customer Question

I recently incurred hearing damage and Tinnitus while completing a homework exercise in a Physics of Sound college course in Iowa. I feel that the instructor was negligent to assign this exercise without a warning. What category of law might this fall under (e.g. personal injury, product liability, student safety)? What is the best way to find and approach a helpful law firm?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 18 days ago.

Yes, this would be covered under negligence law and personal injury. You will want to get a hold of at least 5 years of your medical records and make an appointment with a personal injury law firm that will sue or threaten to sue the professor and the college for negligence or gross negligence. This case will likely turn on what the doctors/expert witnesses say for both sides as to the cause of injuries and whether it was proximately related to the event you described.

Here is a link to help you find the right lawyer. If you have a winnable case, the lawyer should be willing to take it on a 33% to 45% contingency fee basis.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks for responding. You mentioned a link for finding the right lawyer, but there is no clickable hypertext showing up. Could you spell out the URL, or try adding the link again?
Expert:  Maverick replied 17 days ago.

Sure: Here is the link: