Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I have been receiving these emails from a saying I am going

Customer Question

I have been receiving these emails from a ***** ***** saying I am going to be sewed for a pay day loan. I never took out a loan and they will onexcept a payment thru money gram or western union. My instincts say scam. It then I got this email of a court summons and now I'm scared.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Courts don't email summons to people. This is a common scam, which means the summons they sent you is probably forged. You can confirm it by calling the courthouse where they claim to have filed the Complaint and ask if they have a record of the case. I'm sure they won't. If you'd really be sued, a process server would hand you a copy of the Complaint and Summons, and you'd have time to reply.

Also, the fact that it's such a common name is ***** ***** of a scam, as is the fact that they will only accept payments via unsecured methods. Do not send them anything.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.