Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

How do I get started on writing a will? What are the steps,

Customer Question

How do I get started on writing a will? What are the steps, etc, I am doing the initial research. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

There are numerous online resources for preparing your own will. It is not particularly complicated. You can use LegalZoom.com, Rocketlawyer.com, etc.

Generally, the most difficult part is the execution, since it must be executed in front of witnesses and it is also a good idea to have it notarized.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you help me with it?
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Do you mean actually drafting a will for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I guess, I am not sure, is that how it works? I would prefer to do it here instead of trying to get help on other sites.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

If you need local representation to help with your will I can provide some resources, but I can not draft a will for you, as that crosses the line to legal representation and violates site rules and state bar regulations.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok got it. can you give me the step by step instructions what I need to do, once I get to let's say legalzoom? do I download a certain document?
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

I suppose, but I would need to do it as a premium service for an additional fee.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Yes, you would download a last will and testament. If there is a menu for a state specific document, use that.