Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I hope you can help me I dropped my car off at an auotmotive

Customer Question

Hi I hope you can help me I dropped my car off at an auotmotive shop and it was suppose to be being fixed, I just recently got a call from the police for two tickets of my jeep running a red light at 7:30 on a sunday and the 31st at 5:44am. I dont have my jeep cause USAA is suppose to send an adjuster to look at it. They never got consent to work on it nor my signature. I have a picture of the mileage when it was picked up. They are using it as a personal vehicle and the cops have proof. And the tickets will be in my name since the license plates are under my name. Can I go demand my car back?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no I dont know how to proceed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is USAA your carrier or the adverse carrier?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug