Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I hope you can help me I dropped my car off at an auotmotive

Customer Question

Hi I hope you can help me I dropped my car off at an auotmotive shop and it was suppose to be being fixed, I just recently got a call from the police for two tickets of my jeep running a red light at 7:30 on a sunday and the 31st at 5:44am. I dont have my jeep cause USAA is suppose to send an adjuster to look at it. They never got consent to work on it nor my signature. I have a picture of the mileage when it was picked up. They are using it as a personal vehicle and the cops have proof. And the tickets will be in my name since the license plates are under my name. Can I go demand my car back?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no I dont know how to proceed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 22 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is USAA your carrier or the adverse carrier?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 22 days ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.