Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Hellomy name is rafael I. am completely blind I was in town

Customer Question

Hellomy name is ***** ***** my name is rafael. am completely blind I was in Morris town New Jersey with my injury occurred. I am a current resident of Indiana when I was out in New Jersey I suffered a severe broken foot to the heel/Foot area and a completely torn Achilles tendon.I was seen by professional staff at the training facility that I was working with with my service dog
They were only treating me with natural oils, Atypical ace bandage from your drugstore, and ice packs and were telling me to elevate my ankle and foot at this time, which I already knew all of this the pain became to intolerable my ankle foot area was more swollen than a softball I was sent to a local Morris town New Jersey emergency room hospital which I requested on my own, I was seen by a professional dr./staff I also received several x-rays I was only given a Aircast and excuse to go about my business training with my service dog. Which I knew at this time I was not mentally, physically, emotionally capable of continuing to go about my duties. I was discharged from the program at the service dog school I was only four days away from graduating I did not receive my service dog at this time.
I was sent back to my home state of Indiana I was not able to get into an orthopedic podiatrist specialist at The time I return back to Indiana, it probably took me a good month or so to get in to see the specialist my Doctor asked me why I was not Casted in New Jersey I explained to him more significant details, which he had told me I should've been in a cast back then when I was in New Jersey by the medical staff I was casted up for six months, Also I was in a air cast for three months I did not have very much mobility throughout this whole time. I do still have significant,chronic pain to my foot it's still go through physical, emotional, mental distress also my heel is not healed right it is completely shifted to the right area of my foot instead of it being centered , I do not walk straight I do have chronic pain walking on it also. I am trying to see a pain specialist but it is hard to find a doctor that will except my current insurance, if there is A lawyer that could help me or take my case on? I would greatly appreciate it. It's this issue had occurred last year in June so I know it's not passed the statue of limitation, But do feel free to contact me back thank you
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this situation as it appears you already know you have a medical malpractice suit against the doctor and facility in NJ?