Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Am I able to pay my court fines with a Promissory Note?

Customer Question

Submitted: 23 days ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 23 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

You mean as in get them to enter into a written agreement with you?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
No, as in;
BILLS OF EXCHANGE ACT 1909 - SECT 89Promissory note defined
(1) A promissory note is an unconditional promise in writing made by one person to another, signed by the maker, engaging to pay, on demand or at a fixed or determinable future time, a sum certain in money, to or to the order of a specified person, or to bearer.(2) An instrument in the form of a note payable to maker's order is not a note within the meaning of this section unless and until it is indorsed by the maker.(3) A note is not invalid by reason only that it contains also a pledge of collateral security with authority to sell or dispose thereof.(4) A note which is, or on the face of it purports to be, both made and payable within Australasia is an inland note. Any other note is a foreign note.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 22 days ago.

Can you please clarify for me what the overall situation is and what you are trying to accomplish? I just want to make sure I fully understand. Are the fines as a result of a criminal case or civil issue? If so, are you not able to pay them in full?