Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I need advice in Los Angeles. I was sent a letter from the

Customer Question

I need advice in Los Angeles. I was sent a letter from the California commissioner to be in court next week and I live in Texas. I just received this letter because I was in Calif visiting at the time the letter came to my mailbox. My brother hired a Mexican lady to take care of Mom 1 year before she died. I never met the lady but saw her twice when I visited Mom. Now she is claiming I owe money for wages unpaid which amounts to $20,000 which is bogus according to this paper I received in the maill. And because she sued my Moms estate after Mom passed claiming she fell when no one was there with her and won $25,000, she's trying for more money. My issue is that she claims I was her employer all the time she was with Mom. That's untrue. My brother hired her and I sent him cashier checks for clothes, hair cuts, pedicures, and nails to be painted. I loved my Mom dearly, and because I couldn't be there with her, I sent money to my brother to use for her care. Now this lady is saying she never was paid. I need an Lawyer to represent me in court for this,, so you are my only connection for representation because I don't have time to look for someone in Los Angeles. With the court date approaching I do need an extension and someone to appear for me for that court extension. Thank You
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 18 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Please describe the papers you recived a little more. Was there a Summong and Complaint? How were you given the papers? Was your brother also named in the papers?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am at work right now and don't have the papers on me. When I get home, can I respond to you then?? I get out of work at 7am here in San Antonio, Tx

That's fine, I'll check back here in the afternoon.

You can post documents here as attachments if you wish.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you so much.

That's what I do.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
sorry I didn't get back right away with you, I was out and about all day trying to find a solution about my problem. The letter was sent twice. One was certified the second one was regular mail, yes me and brothers Arturo and Martin were mentioned on the papers.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 16 days ago.

Did you get a Summons? Do you want to post what you were mailed?