Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have a debt with Discover which has not been payed. I

Customer Question

I have a debt with Discover which has not been payed. I received an attorney placement pending letter from them. I am willing to pay what I can each month, which would be several hundred dollars, but I cannot get ahold of them. My question is will they accept this or is it usually a huge fight?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I only have the letter telling me to call them before time runs out?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm just a bit clueless and worry about the bullying, lol. I am an lvn and have practically nothing for them to take, but I can't pay more than I have to live on monthly
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

If they have not files suit here they may agree to payments.If they have filed they are likely to want higher payments on a judgment.If you have other debts Chapter 7 is a viable option here to seek to discharge all of them and start over.You can contact them and try to resolve it and avoid a judgment if you can.Again Chapter 7 is the long term solution to discharge your debts and to allow you to start over.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

If they sue you here an answer form here so you can dispute it and buy some time.

http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/texas-defendants-original-answer-af-82434/

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Here is Chapter 7 information for you

http://www.texasbankruptcylaw.com/chapter7.html