LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My brother passed away he stilled owad 2800 on car can i pay

Customer Question

my brother passed away he stilled owad 2800 on car can i pay it off his wife is going to let bank take it back
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Who is on title to the car? Is it solely in his name or is she on title also?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
his name only

If he passed, the vehicle would be part of his estate and should pass to his wife. As such, if you pay it off and she is willing to transfer title to you, there is nothing wrong with that happening. Of course, it is at her sole discretion but the bank may simply not take it back and may want the balance of what is owed and if not paid, they will go after his estate. As such, it may be in her best interest and easiest to allow you to pay it off, for her to take title as it passes to her and then transfer it to you.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!