How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26318
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I was appointed a bar panel lawyer in LA. Can and he

Customer Question

If I was appointed a bar panel lawyer in LA. Can and he literally isn't doing his job I've spoke to him numerous times about case and he ignores what I have to say like important things like the billion different dates that are not right the detective in the case has a lot of inconsistency in his narrative and he ignores me and hasn't been going over the discovery not once. This is a criminal matter what can I do to get better representation?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

Just to be clear, the attorney was court appointed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had conflict of interest with every public defender so bar panel attorney took my car
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No this is fine thank you
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. At this time, you are going to have to address these issues once again and ask for the attorney to withdraw and new counsel to be appointed. If there is a conflict, the attorney can present and represent this to the Judge and explain the situation. Your attorney needs to act in your best interest and if they are not doing so, you need and want to address this with the Judge, explaining and showing how they are breaching the duty of care that they owe you. Seeing how there were previous conflicts already and the PD could no longer assist and the panel had to help, you are going to need to show there is a problem with the attorney, so it does not look as though you are being problematic.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well I am definitely not I'm just not able to afford private council and this is what is avl. And do I go to the judge before my court date to address this or on my court date
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

You can file a motion ahead of time and then set it to be heard. You can address your concerns with the Judge and a copy needs to be sent to counsel and the State, so they can respond, if needed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What motion is that sir.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

You would ask the Judge to substitute legal counsel. In the body of the motion you need to explain the conflict of interest and how you feel the attorney is not acting in your best interest and zealously representing you and as a result, new counsel needs to be appointed.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Legal Questions