Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a question concerning my wife recently took my kids

Customer Question

I have a question concerning my wife recently took my kids out of the house and has left me. She has not taken my calls or has allowed my boys to speak with me. This has happened since Thursday, 9/29/16. She had sent out an email to her friends stating in the email that we are in separation. I did not talk to her about this action being taken and made public. I have not heard from her or my kids at this point. I am not sure what is going on. My question; is she getting legal advice at this point? And secondly, can I submit a request to have a TRO?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about this situation and that you have not spoken with your children.

Your Questions:

My question; is she getting legal advice at this point?

Response 1: Regrettably, I have no way of knowing that. Only she knows whether she has consulted with an Attorney.

And secondly, can I submit a request to have a TRO?

Response 2: TRO is not applicable here since she is the one that has ran away with the children and are now in hiding. You apply for a TRO if you are alleging that someone is threatening to harm you. Since this is not the case, TRO is not applicable here. However, if you want to see your kids, you can go straight to Court in the morning and file Emergency Motion for Custody of your kids and /or for Visitation. The forms for doing so are available at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,