Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Last night I decided it would be a good idea to take up some

Customer Question

Last night I decided it would be a good idea to take up some buddies on a bet after having a few drinks. I climbed a light pole in a downtown area and saw police officers on bikes coming in the distance so I jumped down and ran behind a building where I was tackled and arrested and put in jail for the night after posting my own $100 bail. I have a court date on Monday and have been charged with disorderly conduct and obstruction of justice including $700 in fines. I have a spotless record with no run ins with the law. What advice is recommeded?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Expert:  Roger replied 20 days ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 20 days ago.

If you have a clean record, you should be able to seek a pre-trial diversion or deferred adjudication to keep these charges off of your record. You would need to ask a local lawyer or public defender about what options are available in your area.

Expert:  Roger replied 20 days ago.

You should be able to work something out in order to avoid this going on your record.