Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

My son was sentence for federal prison.Did the 65% law was

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: My son was sentence for federal prison.Did the 65% law was passed and did he will be eligible for 65% He was sentence 2012
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he is on 85%
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just this
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 20 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Every year a rumor goes around the federal prison system that some law was changed reducing sentences for federal inmates, but the fact is the law has not changed. The federal law still requires the inmate to serve 85% minimum of their sentence before being eligible for parole/release.