Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

I have a question about a text message that I sent a now

Customer Question

I have a question about a text message that I sent a now "ex" boyfriend". Long story short, I suggested he cut his hours at work because he was working about 60 hours per week. I sent him a text message that I will help him financially if I need to. Well, we broke up the next day. Can he do anything with that legally? I never said how...just help and if I needed to. No other discussion took specific details. This text is no way legally binding correct?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: He's in florida. I'm in south carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 27 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 27 days ago.

No I do not see this as binding in any way.Since you broke up here the relationship and any potential commitment ended.It would have been voluntary on your part anyway.You will be fine here, since the relationship ended there is no longer any commitment in this matter and it would not be enforcement under SC law which would apply here since you reside.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 27 days ago.

I wish you good luck moving on from the ex, I don't see that this would be enforceable at all since the relationship ended.

Thanks again.

If you can positive rate it is much appreciated.