LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

I was charged with a domestic violence assault and battery

Customer Question

I was charged with a domestic violence assault and battery my soon to be X came to my house and started to argue I told I did not want argue and I was shutting the door I shut the door and before I could lock the door handle lock she turned the door handle so I could not lock it I then reached up and tried to lock the door with dead bolt she then hit the door with her full force knocking the door into my wrist and tearing my Cartledge in my wrist I am a Iraq war veteran and I hurt my neck really bad in Iraq and I was on Gabapentin Tramadol and Aleve at the time when she knocked the door into my wrist I did not feel it at the time because of the Gabapentin Tramadol and Aleve I went to jail when it wore off after a couple of days I started to feel and hurt I made a video showing that it was impossible for her to be standing in the door and talking to me and me slamming the door into her left hand because facing me it's her right side will the judge let me show my video proving that it did not happen the way she said it did
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 21 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. It is important to remember that the burden is on the State, to prove the charge against you, beyond a reasonable doubt. They will need to present evidence to show and support the charge, at trial. At the same time, you have a legal right to not only take the stand and testify on your own behalf but introduce any evidence which you have and to attack the credibility of the victim and her version of the events. As such, you can provide video from the home, reenacting what happened and showing that from where she was standing and that could have not have happened and show the jury, that she is lying.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 18 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!