Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I made a horrible mistake,I am 54 ,sent explicit txt

Customer Question

I made a horrible mistake,I am 54 ,sent explicit txt messages to a 16 year old girl.Although she sent me very explicit pictures and started the whole thing,I know better. I answered an ad on Craig's for txt buddy.Now her father is involved and says he wants $3200 to repair their house where the 16 year old destroyed walls and a door and such.If I don't pay they say they are going to the police....please advise
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This sounds more like a scam than anything I have ever heard, where there is likely no 16 year old involved and they are shaking you down for money. Did you send nude photos back? Did you ask for nude photos or did she just send them?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did not send nude photos,I also think it's a scam,I asked nice for something I would like to taste but never ask for a photo

If you did not send nude photos and deleted all of her photos from your phone I would simply block the number, because there is no proof of this being a 16 year old and them asking specifically for money to fix their house proves more than anything it is a scam. If there were a real violation, they would not have called asking for money, they would have gone to the police without notice to you. There are tons of these scams on craigslist. Furthermore, what he is doing is extortion and is also against the law.