Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I WAS ON ACCESS A RIDE AND MY PORTABLE OXYGEN RAN DOWN...I

Customer Question

I WAS ON ACCESS A RIDE AND MY PORTABLE OXYGEN RAN DOWN...I BEGGED THE DRIVER TO TAKE ME HOME AS HE WS ONLY 12 BLOCKS FROM MY HOUSE...HE REFUSED AND PROCEDED TO PIC UP 2 PEOPLE IN WHEEL CHAIRS WHICH TOOK TIME AS THEY WEREN'T QUITE READY AND THEN SAID HE HAD TO DROP THEM OFF FIRST ...I WAS 30 MINUTES WITH NO OXYEN AND I CALLED 911 FROM THE VEHICLE...THAHT IS WHEN HE PULLED OVER AS INSTRUCTED BY POLICE...I WOUN D UP IN JAMAICA HOSP....CAN I SUE THE CAR CO?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NEW YORK
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: FDNY AMBULANCE CAME FOR ME AND THEY WROTE UP THEIR REPORT...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I WAS 40 MINUTES WITHOUT OXY. AND MY BLOOD OXY DROPPED TO 72
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, if their driver negligently handled your situation, WHICH THEY DID, then legally you can sue them for both the cost of medical care and pain and suffering you incurred as a result of his negligence. You would need a local attorney to represent you and they will take this on a contingency fee basis since you are entitled to not just your medical care costs, but also 3-4 times those costs as pain and suffering.