How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been renting my husband and my proeprty for 15

Customer Question

My son has been renting my husband and my proeprty for 15 years. The property was in poor condition when he rented it and we told him he could buy it for $15,00 when he was able. My son has done major inprovements to the property. My husband and I are getting a divorce. My husband claims the property is worth $90.000 because of the inprovements my son made and he wants half. My son has paid for all inprovements. It was a verbal agreement between my son and us. We paid $28.000 for the property in 1995.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The rent has been reported on my income taxes.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.


I have read your comments but am not quite sure what your legal question is that I can help with this afternoon?


If you can post our legal question, I will do my best to help.





Related Legal Questions