Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Looking to review submitted proposals from coating vendors

Customer Question

Looking to review submitted proposals from coating vendors and manufacturers who partnered with NYC CoolRoofs program.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/coolroofs/html/partners/vendors.shtml
http://www.nyc.gov/html/coolroofs/downloads/pdf/solicitation_requirements.pdf
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I'm sorry, what is your question for us?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We are looking to view the proposals submitted by vendors to the NYC CoolRoofs Program. Vendors and Manufacturers are to have submit proposals to the NYC CoolRoof Program to sell their material. We are seeking to view this public information of all the proposals submitted to the program from each vendor.
I am afraid we cannot get you that information for you, have you contacted the program, since they are a government agency. Have you submitted a public records request and requested it from the agency directly under the Freedom of Information Act?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No we have not, can you do that?
We are forbidden by state law from representing any customers of this state, so you would have to file your own FOIA request with the agency in writing stating you are requesting the information under the Freedom of Information Act and specifying the information you are seeking.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As a vendor, can we submit a request?
anyone in the general public can get them, but only once the bids are closed. You cannot get them when there is an open bid, because that would give competitors an unfair business advantage when they know what every other vendor's bids are.