Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have an elderly mother who is being manipulated by my

Customer Question

I have an elderly mother who is being manipulated by my sister. My sister and I dont talk and dont get along. She talks bad about me to everyone, even costed a close relationship to friends of 15 yrs who are brain washed by her manipulative ways. I do see my mother, but my mother is being controlled by my sister at times and my mother is slowly have negative feelings against me. So far I am her power of attorney and want to know what legal claims can I take against my sister? I live in Florida.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: no paper work filed at this time. I live in Fl
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, however my brother sees the problem too. He is flying down to visit my mom and my sister is trying to pursuade my brother from seeing her, and she has talked negatively and falsely to him regarding myself. He sees the problem and is flying to Fl to further discuss w / my mom when she is alone/
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: well I am at work. I get off at 3 if you need me on the phone. otherwise I can talk on the computer until 2pm
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Is your mother mentally competent? Is your sister spreading lies about you, or if not, in what way is she getting your mother to have these negative feelings towards you?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you see my follow up question?

Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 17 days ago.

It's been a few days since you asked this question. Please let me know if you want to continue or not.