Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

A lawyer did a writ of excuicution on me took a car that

Customer Question

A lawyer did a writ of excuicution on me took a car that belongs to both my husband and I that was financed along with my jewelry instead of holding a sheriff's sale he called my car company and told them my car had been impounded so my car company retrieved my car sold it at thier auction and none of the money was applied to my debt. My husband not on the writ received a repossession on his credit report and noone knows where my jewelry is. And the sheriffs department will not speak to me or return my calls. What should I do. No lawyer will touch this ..
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 27 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need specifically a legal malpractice attorney if he improperly conducted a writ of execution and they could sue the attorney for legal malpractice as well as for reimbursement for the funds that they took from you improperly (since they took the property you allege improperly). Legal malpractice attorneys are limited in number and you can find one in the larger cities at the same sites used by other attorneys, or
This will require a separate suit against the attorney/plaintiff who improperly collected on the judgment against you and will have to take them into court now to seek reimbursement.