Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My son has ALS, and has had it for over 14 years now, he has

Customer Question

My son has ALS, and has had it for over 14 years now, he has long term disability from the Co. he worked for, they provide him with insurance, which is his primary insurance, he also received Medicare, he was recently told he has to have part B, and will have to pay a 10% penalty all the way back to 2005 when he went on Medicare, plus an added premium for the rest of his life.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 28 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this situation, since he should have been automatically enrolled? When he went on medicare did he also go on Social Security Disability?