Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

We have the original ad we called AT&T in June..to new

Customer Question

We have the original ad we called AT&T in June..to bundle new Direct TV service with (our) ' new or 'existing' AT&T U-Verse phone and/or internet service: Total monthly bundle charge ( including free installation -which was done) $89.99 per month for 24 months from date of Direct TV Installation, Ad says " over 145 channels ' - I confirmed on phone that FOX, CNN, NASA, HGTV, TCM, and a few others were included. ( I said I wanted nothing beyond what was offered in the ad - i.e. no HBO, etc)...
The idiot on the phone I called obviously put something else in her computer - that I signed up for a (more expensive) " CHOICE" package. The word ' CHOICE' does not even appear on the ad....!!!
I made 17 phone calls since July as my bills have all been $142.00 a month and not $102.00 ( $89.99 + tax).... 3 months in a row I call and call and call and get a 'credit' per bill and today got another bill that I owe the difference - again between the $102 and $142.
I am 72 years old - I have worked for attorneys and know how to read ..
Today my 17th phone call ( I have records of all calls, names and dates) 'Stacy' in Greenville S. C. tells me again " You ordered 'Choice'"
Jane Gentile-Youd
FLagler County Florida (###) ###-####
email: ***@******.***
This is false advertising - I have the original AD - elderly abuse and mental anguish
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.

I am very sorry to hear this. I think your claim is valid. You should file a claim in small claims court for breach of contract, and deceptive trade practices which can actually result in attorney fees and triple damages in many cases.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.