Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My friend is being evicted from her apt at 2pm. she is

Customer Question

my friend is being evicted from her apt at 2pm. she is handicapped. they probably have good cause but she needs help to find another place.. she has cats (3)and they are like her children. what are her options to get a 60 day time frame to seek out another place to live.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: she had a court date she missed. no transpertation.. she sent a letter but has not heard back
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: she has no family there they are in MA.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 25 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about what your friend is going through. Just to be clear, the eviction was granted and she still failed to move and now the Sheriff will appear to remove her?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.

She MUST file an emergency motion with the court, this morning. That is her only option at this time, as a result of not being able to appear or defend the eviction, previously. I know it is hard based upon her situation but this is what MUST be done. I have provided a link below, for you to share with her and for her to use, to proceed, so she knows what must be done and to get it set and heard ASAP. The delay puts her in a very tough situation, since the Sheriff is to return today and time is limited.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!