N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983

I have a loan document that I want an attorney to look at

Customer Question

I have a loan document that I want an attorney to look at and tell me if it looks ok or if there is anything in it that could cause me any problems in excepting this loan.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is just a couple of simple pages out lining the terms of a loan and I just want to make sure it is not worded in a way that could hurt me. and it could be international i am not sure. I just want to know if something went wrong what would happen or what is mine or there recourse.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 25 days ago.

Thank you for your question.

Do you want to post the document here? If not, you can email it to***@******.*** and write ForCustomerin the subject line and I can look it over for you.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I want to send a 2 page document for an attorney to read and let me know if there is anything wrong with this loan document or if there are any hidden wording that would make it not valid or that it could hurt me if something goes wrong with loan payments. I want to know if its a good document or if there is any suggestions that should be put in the document before I sign it and except the loan.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
i sent it
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 24 days ago.

Thank you.

Where is the loan being made?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
This is a private loan from a man in Texas to me in Oregon

The numbers don't come out right, they come out lower than they should. 5% of $35000= $1750

$100.35 x 13 = $1304.55 but the document says total interest paid is $1204.06

No lawyer in the US is called a Barrister. Also a normal loan agreement will recite that the agreement is made under the laws of State X.

I could not find any reference to a company called Williams Real Estate Loans in Texas.

The document says notices are rto be served at the address ststaed above but no address is ststed anywhere in the document.

This looks sketchy.