CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Can I sue the women my husband is sleeping with in

Customer Question

Can I sue the women my husband is sleeping with in Tennessee?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: with who?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have battled with depression and Fibromyalgia, and has knowledge of that via my husband. The stress of this affair is taking its toll on me physically and emotionally. There is proof by emails and his admission,
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry to learn of this unfortunate and very stressful situation, and of the harm it has caused your physical health.

Unfortunately, there is no legal cause of action against this third party.

• (There used to be - the tort of "alienation of affection" (and a few related causes of action) used to be valid and used in many states, and Tennessee was one of the last states to abolish these causes of action - but unfortunately for individuals in your position, it is no longer recognized as a valid claim).

I am very sorry, and I do wish that there was a different answer for you on this issue.