N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Experience:  attorney at self
9653905

Sexoffender registration termination. Felony charge of

Customer Question

Sexoffender registration termination. Felony charge of 22.011 (a)(2). Disposition date of 96 paroled to Arkansas in 2002. No other felony, especially of a
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Was convicted in Texas in 94. Probation revocation hearing in 96. Turned 4 years down, due to family know it all, judge gave me the full 6. Paroled to Arkansas, 4 years 8 months and 13 days later. (2002). Been registered in Arkansas ever sense. Have followed rules. No trouble or felonies to present day. Would like to get off of registration.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No trouble or felonies what so ever since 94
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't know of anything. Arkansas doesn't show me on registration. I m confused about termination. I'm a productive person in society. I'm a certified welder and ironworker. When I travel for jobs I register, but states differ in laws and veiws. It's hard to make a living with this. And no fault of my own but feel I have done my time and would like to find a state with better pay.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did not know this child at all. Meet her the same day the offense happened. Don't put myself in any position what so ever to even be looked at or questioned. Not right at all but by the Arkansas law age of consent is 16. Mother pressed charges and later dropped them. Texas picked it up and convicted me.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

The Texas procedure to terminate registration is explained at

http://www.deregistertexas.com/how-to-deregister/

which has a link to the first form you will need to fill out.

I hope this information is helpful.