TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Can a Partnership be bound by a contract engaged in by any

Customer Question

Can a Partnership be bound by a contract engaged in by any of its limited partners?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what do you mean...by anything?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: there is General Partner that is an LLC that authorized by the partnership to run the business. The limited partner that engaged in the contract is not a part of the GP
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. Thanks for your patience.

Yes, any limited partner may bind the partnership by entering into a contract on behalf of the partnership. The exception would be if the other party to the contract has reason to know that the partner had no authority to bind the partnership. Without such specific knowledge, the partnership would be bound.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.