Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I was made to do a Psycho- evaluation as part of the

Customer Question

I was made to do a Psycho-sexual evaluation as part of the requirement for re-instating my nurse license. I went to one of the license therapist that the Representative for the Board of Nursing listed. After my Evaluation with this therapist ( which her final evaluation stated that I have no problem or is fit to go back to practice ), but she recomended that I seek another therapist prior to submitting her final evaluation to the Board. When I finally went to this other therapist he made some deal that was discouragingly impossible for me to go back to practice. The deals he made where to regularly see him every weekend for 6 weeks and then after that to undergo a polygraph. I have told this later therapist that I do not do well with the polygraph and that have taken them before. So, I'm left in this predicament where I'm left hanging and don't know how to proceed further. The other requirements that the Board of Nursing wanting to do ( assuming I pass the Psychosexual evaluation) was to take a Nursing refresher course ( which will also take some time and money). After that they ( the Board of Nursing) will "decide with there legal panel wether to re-instate my Nurse license or not. Please advise me what to do. Thank you.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 26 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the BON has a right to follow the recommendation of the therapists, but you also have a right to object. Now if you disagree with this second therapist, you can go to another independent therapist and have them evaluate this second therapists seemingly over burdening requirements (the every weekend for 6 weekends is a bit off for evaluations of this nature and that is what needs to be evaluated by your own therapist and if they find it not necessary then you would have your therapist write a report as to why and file an appeal to the BON to release you from further evaluation).