Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am a SPED teacher in an inclusive school. I also run a

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I am a SPED teacher in an inclusive school. I also run a correct reading program that targets phonics/phonemic awareness. That group is half SPED and half general education students. I run the group in a separate room near the general education class from which they come (either beside it in a room literally adjacent to the gen. ed. class or a room away. Is this considered a general education or special education setting?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 28 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is not considered one or the other, it is a mixed setting. You cannot call it Special Ed and you cannot call it General Ed, this is a "mixed education" class. There is no way to pigeon hole this into just one or the other.