Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My husband was in an asbestos civil suit, I have atorneys

Customer Question

My husband was in an asbestos civil suit, I have atorneys who were assigned to handle the case. My husband passed away. This started in MI and when we retired to TN. they were being handled by a Mi firm, but they are no longer handling it and told me this other firm would do a good job, which were also help the MI firm with it. So I said yes, to let continue with handling it. I also had a Small Estate Affidavit so the I I could continue to receive his claims. This last attorneys are in Ohio and refused to follow the Codes set up by TN to have checks forward to me. I have sent numerous letters to them and they have even refused to answer any of my letters. What do I do to get them to comply to TN and answer my letters.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I have since move to WI, but according to the TN Codes they have to comply to them as that is where we lived at the time of his death. Kelly & Ferraro are now handling it, they are in Ohio. before that it was handled by Climaco, Wilcox, Peca, Tarantino & Garofoli. who were from MI where the asbestos claims were started for the IBEW.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean by filed? The Small Estate Affidavit was filed inTn where Harold passed on January 13th, 2015. Climaco was following the Codes, but when Kelly & Ferraro took over the refused to follow the TN Codes which if it will help you are, TCA Code 30-4-102 or TCA Code 30-8-307. What are my alternatives?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Like what?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are the administrator of the estate they have to continue sending you payments he was entitled to. Have you contacted the attorney and what have they said.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have several times and they refuse to answer my letters.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am the administrator of the estate a long with being a benefactor.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All I want to know are there any alternative actions I can take even if it to complain the the Ohio Board, which I would do if I knew the address.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You really don't seem to have an answer for me do you??????
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is taking so long for an answer?????
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I guess all attorneys are alike want money from you with no answer, is that how you do all your work. Lead people on, get their money with no results?
I apologize for the delay as we are working with multiple customers at the same time. However, based on your last post, I am sorry but I cannot continue working with you. Best wishes and I will opt out and leave the question to others who may wish to respond to you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ah, just what thought! Attorneys are all alike! No guts, just money hungers. I will stop payment on this immediately plus report you for the falseness of your so called claims of be honest. I will place this on Facebook too! To show people not to use you.

As I said, I have opted out and choose not to work with you based on your rude and insulting attitude and comments. Please do not reply to me as I do not wish to work with you and it will stop other experts on this site from doing so.

If you want a refund, the site will gladly give you one if you write to them at***@******.***.