Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

Will an attorney help me file a lawsuit against Public

Customer Question

Will an attorney help me file a lawsuit against Public Storage for negligence, fraud and false advertisement?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 26 days ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to answering your question.

If the claim does not exceed $10,000 you can file in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.

You are certainly free to retain counsel and have them represent you, as well. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.