Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Phillip may answer if you wish I am in a divorce. I believe

Customer Question

Phillip may answer if you wish
I am in a divorce. I believe and have evidence that my wife married meas marital fraud. I have 3 witnesses including the lawyer who did the prenup, the broker that handles both of our assets, and her roomate before I married who threatened it and later confessed to her it was all her fault for the divorce because she stole money. Pretty good eh?
But my lawyer does not want to go there, he's not a criminal lawyer and just wants to argue over assets.
OK But I argue that these accounts show she is hiding lots of assets from the court,
So I am all for getting a criminal lawyer and going to the police later.
But here is my question.
If I divulge some of my evidence and the divorce lawyer dismisses it or whastever, does that have sway in criminal law. You see we are not trying to present a criminal case before a divorce judge and we are not going to present a full picture but rather just enough for the judge to understand the whole picture and especially to have her subpoena those records she is hiding.
With that eveidence she has three times as much money than I so now she would owe me.
But if struck down I don't want to lose the whole point in criminal trial.
One thing especially, We need to tie in the family unit that she already shares the living quarters and joint checking accounts and has admitted twice to sending my money to and make it a single economic unit that did all this and make it a true conspiracy.
I want to ask her questions how they operate financially because sheis proud of her family's communal structure and thereby enable subpoenas on where the money went and herfamily's affairs.
I don't really neccessarily want the police to do that because she will clam up.
If I get the info I can always give to police.
If I try to reveal these things and it doesn't work in divorce court will it effect the criminal side?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for requesting for my assistance once more.

But here is my question.
If I divulge some of my evidence and the divorce lawyer dismisses it or whastever, does that have sway in criminal law.

Response 1: No, it does not. These are two different cases: one civil, one criminal. Both have different procedures. What is acceptable in one case may not be acceptable in the other case and vice and versa.

Response 2: No, it will not.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My wife took money while I was in a coma and during recovery.
This was in 2010 before the at risk laws in Colorado.What laws were there in 2010 that may be applied to this case?

I am sorry, but I cannot answer your follow-up question. So, I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not received any response