Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am in need of advice. I have a partnership loan for land

Customer Question

I am in need of advice. I have a partnership loan for land with my mother in law. She has rented a mobile home on the property. To my knowledge, there has not been a contract/lease agreement between she and the tenant. Only a verbal agreement was reached that she get all the rental $. Is there any way I can have the tenant move out or sign an agreement with me? She didn't ask if this would be something I could agree to in the first place, as we have a difficult relationship of late.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: VA and 1980?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: How do you mean?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: For now, no.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 29 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. To clarify, you own the land, correct? And your mother rents it from you and has a sub-tenant in the mobile home. Correct?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
She and I purchased the land/loan together. She rented the mobile home, without consulting me, thinking she was going to move out of state.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I am just trying this online out, and wondered how I would be charged more. Thank you for your few minutes anyway.
Expert:  Ely replied 29 days ago.

What do you mean charged more? Sorry, experts are not in charge of billing, but you can contact customer service at - they are very friendly.

If you wish to continue, let me know.