Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I got served with a temporary restraining order from my wife

Customer Question

I got served with a temporary restraining order from my wife I guess she is wanting a divorce we go to court in a few days what do I need to expect I've never done anything to her never had the police involved and I have everything in my name cars,house etc
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Never no records police never been to my house except to arrest her for theftt
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know what to expect at the hearing right now I can't even go home
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Is a lawyer going to talk with me
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 28 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 28 days ago.

Can you be a little more specific in your question? When we answer general ones like "what can I expect", "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Also, what are you restrained from in the TRO and what is she basing that on?

Are you going to hire your own lawyer?