Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in a co-op in brooklyn. I am an owner. The super came

Customer Question

I live in a co-op in brooklyn. I am an owner.
The super came up to fix a leak in the bathroom and said there was a lot of clutter in the apartment, such as old magazines. He said it was a fire hazard, and that I would get a letter from the building management. I was concillatory about addressing the problem, but super was not hearing any of that. What legal actioms can they take agaimst me?
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Do you have Bylaws or Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for the building that address this?

.

Did the super mention what specific rule you are violating....other than just saying it was cluttered and a fire hazard?

.

.

thanks