Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I live in a co-op in brooklyn. I am an owner. The super came

Customer Question

I live in a co-op in brooklyn. I am an owner.
The super came up to fix a leak in the bathroom and said there was a lot of clutter in the apartment, such as old magazines. He said it was a fire hazard, and that I would get a letter from the building management. I was concillatory about addressing the problem, but super was not hearing any of that. What legal actioms can they take agaimst me?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 25 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Do you have Bylaws or Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for the building that address this?

Did the super mention what specific rule you are violating....other than just saying it was cluttered and a fire hazard?