TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

An ex-girlfriend got a hold of my phone and is now

Customer Question

An ex-girlfriend got a hold of my phone and is now threatening to reveal what she found to the world. Is there a way to stop her from doing this?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

If she won't give you back your phone, then you can contact the police, file a report, and ask that they get your phone back for you. That would be the fastest method. A slower method would be to sue her for (1) return of the phone, and (2) an injunction which prevents her from revealing any of the contents on the phone.

If she does reveal the contents, then you could sue her for invasion of privacy by publicly disclosing private facts about you. While not directly helpful now if the contents are not yet revealed, it could prove to be indirectly helpful in that the threat of a future lawsuit may get her to realize that she should not disclose the contents. You may even wish to retain an attorney to contact her and threaten a lawsuit. That could frighten her enough to return the phone without disclosing anything.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.