Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

We the black people of *********** TX in County are being

Customer Question

We the black people of *********** TX in Henderson County are being push out of the community. We are needing help. The city council have drafted an ordinance that's will not allow us to sell or give away our land, can not build a house smaller than 1600 squire ft just a few of the problems we are facing. The City Council is having a meeting 09/29/2016, ************************** Please Help. Winter ****** ***************
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I picked up the Ordinance today, the meeting tomorrow and that's when they are supposed to vote.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The town only has 220 people, and its hell living here.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

1) Is the ordinance specifically against African-Americans? Or, how exactly does it affect the community specifically?

2) What are you asking here exactly, i.e. what is your question, please?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!