LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

We purchased an as is car three weeks ago, the second week

Customer Question

we purchased an as is car three weeks ago, the second week we had to spend 917.00 to get tranny fix, the wheel barrings just went on it tonight, my husband is sitting on side of road 50 miles away trying to get a tow. We dont have alot of money, we gave this dealership 3000.00 for this car, We found out this car was in a major car accident that the dealership didn't tell us about, and that the title looked like it was trying to be washed. We live in Carlisle PA.. We did speak with the dealership and they kept saying it is as is and that we should speak to the previous owner of the vehicle. But to us the previous owner is the dealership. Is there anything we can do?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No we haven't filed anything yet
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 8 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

How did you find out this was involved in an accident, after the fact? Prior to purchasing it, did you ask about this or any type of carfax report to see the history?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We asked for the car fax the sales man wouldn't give to us and he said it was in a minor car accident .. we found out about the major accident when we went to another dealership to see if they would trade this car in.

Thank you. Based upon what you shared above, you could try and sue and go after them for the misrepresentation. You would need to show and prove that the sales man lied and refused to give you the report and misrepresented the accident which it was involved in. Truth be told, that should have sent up a red flag, that they were hiding something or you should have obtained a report on your own. If you can show and prove that he lied and misrepresented this and you relied on it, you could possible recover