FamilyAttorney
FamilyAttorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Owner, attorney in private practice, licensed for 36 years as a trial and appellate attorney
89910983

MY SON IS AN INMATE AT THE MINIMUM SECURITY PRISON IN MA. HE

Customer Question

MY SON ***** ***** IS AN INMATE AT THE MINIMUM SECURITY PRISON IN SHIRLEY MA.
HE HAS RECEIVED ABOMINABLE DENTAL CARE IN THE MEDIUM SECURITY PRISON IN SHIRLEY, MA.
I AM INTERESTED IN FINDING A LAWYER WHO CAN ARGUE OUR CASE TO OBTAIN CIVIL RIGHTS FOR MY SON.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law appeals and landlord-tenant law and other types of law. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you. It is NO EXTRA CHARGE to you but it’s important to me! Thanks!

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. This is for educational purposes only and you are advised to seek your own legal counsel. The attorney herein is licensed in NY only. I’ve also been doing family law for 36 years, which is a long time.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back asap.

I am so sorry this is happening to your son. I can find civil rights lawyers for you. Would you like me to look in Shirley, Mass? I will start there unless there's another place you'd like me to look. This has to be taken care of immediately.

There are no civil rights lawyers in Shirley.

Civil Rights Lawyers, Lowell, Mass:

https://www.avvo.com/search/lawyer_search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=Civil+Rights&loc=lowell%2C+massachusetts&commit=Search

I will look in other cities nearby too.

Worcester, Mass:

https://www.avvo.com/search/lawyer_search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=Civil+Rights&loc=worcester%2C+ma&commit=Search

I'm sorry -- the card didn't go through for some reason, so you might want to contact customer service.

Waltham, Mass:

https://www.avvo.com/search/lawyer_search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=Civil+Rights&loc=Waltham%2C+mass&commit=Search

There are the most in Waltham, followed by Worcester. There are only a few in Lowell.

We are not allowed to recommend any particular lawyer, but I can give you these lists and explain how to pick lawyers. I do this for all my customers here as a free service. I also came up with an easy to understand, short guide, which tells you exactly what to look for as you pick a lawyer.

How to Pick an Attorney:

Here's what to look for and what to avoid.

Avoid: Any attorney with a red mark next to the attorney's name, such as misconduct. That usually means the lawyer was either disbarred, censured, cited for misconduct, or suspended from the practice of law.

Ignore: Ratings, such as 6.5 or 10, which is the highest. A 6.5 attorney may be even better than a 10. It's difficult to say. The site has its own formula for rating attorneys and many attorneys get a 10 because they belong to bar associations and sometimes give lectures. That does not necessarily mean they're the best when it comes to going to court.

What to look for: See what the clients’ reviews state, especially in the field that you're interested in (i.e. wills, custody, annulment, guardianship, etc.). That is probably going to be the most important thing. Many people have not been rated, but if there are a bunch of them who are, go with the ones who have multiple ratings and that are outstanding.

I would also suggest you find someone who has been practicing at least 10 years, the more the better. The site will tell you how long they're practicing law. You don't want someone just a few years out of law school to take on your tough case.

ASK: For a free consultation over the phone. You may get one but you should ask the secretary.

Don't: sign anything until you are sure you want to use that lawyer. If you are not sure, walk out.

Pick at least 4-6 names and make phone calls to see if they will handle your case.

Does this answer your question? Do you still need a phone call?

I'm happy to talk to you on the phone if you want, but you should have enough information here to find lawyers for your son. My guide will tell you exactly what to look for in a lawyer. If you don't feel comfortable with that lawyer, walk out of the office after thanking them.

I will presume you don't want a phone call unless you're still trying to get one. I am available if you'd like.

Otherwise, you have enough information here to find a whole bunch of lawyers. If you want some lawyers in another town or city, just let me know. I figured Boston was too far so I didn't include it but if you want me to, just let me know.

Thank you for letting me help you today.

I am more than happy to answer additional questions based on this one if you want. Let me know if you want me to help you find a lawyer in your area. You can come back here any time to ask me a free follow-up question!

I hope this helps and clarifies. If you could, I'd appreciate it if you can rate me when finished. If you need additional information please let me know. Best of luck to you!

Please accept my answer, rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. I thank you in advance for rating me. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating. Thank you, ***** ***** you for allowing me to help you today.

Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

We are not employees of this site, so it's important for us to be rated to get credit for the time we spend here and so we can be paid.

I would rather answer additional questions than be rated negatively by you. I'd like the opportunity to do that as I work very hard to give thorough and accurate answers to my customers here. I pick questions based on the fact that I know I can help. Thanks!

Please just let me know if you still want a phone call, which I will be happy to do.

Hi, just checking in to see if you still need help with your question and if my answer was helpful for you. Thanks and thank you for allowing me to help you.

NYFamilyAttorney

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My phone is XXXXXXXXXXXXX