Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I need to ask a question about Texas law. Yes we had a

Customer Question

I need to ask a question about Texas law.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes we had a judgment filed against us that we did not know was filed.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are trying to refinance our home and because of this we cannot unless we pay the judgment. Can this be filed against our home.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What state is the judgment filed in - Texas also?
2) You JUST has it filed, or, you only found out about it now?

3) Is it a default judgment? Or, not sure?

4) What can I answer for you exactly, i.e. what is your question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is in the state of Texas. I only found out now. Not sure Is it legal for a credit card company to enter a judgment against your home? They did not notify us of this judgment. We were working with a company to pay off debt in 2008 and this was part of it and we were told it was all paid off but now in 2016 we find out they obtained a judgment in 2015 against us. We are trying to refinance our home and cannot do this until this lien is paid off.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Thank you.
Do you remember being SERVED with paperwork about this case? Or you were never served? My last question.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!