Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Customer Question

my mother died in oCT LAST YEAR- SHE LEFT EVERYTHING TO ME & i am executor of her will. My sister is next in line in case something happens to me. my mother owed 1/3 of home she shred with her grand daughter
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If i make my will to give my daughter my share of the home is that legal or can my sister make claim
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 28 days ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. I am currently reviewing your question.

Expert:  Loren replied 28 days ago.

Are you granted a life estate or are you saying that if you did not survive your mother the house would go to your sister?

Expert:  Loren replied 28 days ago.

Also, did your mother own the house with her granddaughter as joint tenants or was the house ownen in joint tenancy with right of survivorship?

Expert:  Loren replied 28 days ago.

Are you online with me?