Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am a roofing contractor. Several years ago a person

Customer Question

I am a roofing contractor. Several years ago a person working with me authorized to a large new home builder, use of my license, without my permission. The builder make the checks for that service to the individual not the organization that pulled the permits. Is there a statue of limitation and do I have legal case?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 24 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you suffered damage from him doing so? What state and how long ago exactly, since there are indeed statute of limitations on all civil actions and criminal actions as well?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I am be sued for a bad roofing job done my the worker. The use of my licenses without compensation occurred over a period of six or seven years
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
State of Florida
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 23 days ago.
Thank you for your reply.
So if you are being sued by your "worker" then if he was your worker you are liable. If he was fraudulently claiming to work for your company and your company did not receive any payment from this worker (he went rogue as they say) then you have to prove that in order to be dismissed from the suit. You would do this by first filing a motion to dismiss and attaching your evidence that he did not work for your company on these jobs and as such your company is not liable. You would also file a third party complaint, which is where you file a claim that brings the worker who committed fraud into the suit as a defendant, which says essentially if you are found liable he is liable, but argues that he is the liable party for this since he did the work on his own without your company and misrepresented his connection.