Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

My NYS no-fault insurance claim to recover my deductible was

Customer Question

My NYS no-fault insurance claim to recover my deductible was settled through arbitration. Can I receive a copy of the arbitration report? If so, how? I am particularly interested to know the arbitrator's rationale for his/her decision. FYI, I recovered my full deductible back of $500. However, I wish to pursue the car rental cost of $600 that was not a part of the no-fault claim.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 26 days ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Contract the arbitrator directly if you know which company did it, and ask them for a copy of the report. If they won't provide it, call your insurance company and ask. They should give it to you, especially if you explain that you'd like to go after the other party for the car rental costs. Talk to a supervisor if you have to.

If absolutely necessary, a local attorney can subpoena the report for you. Or you could file a lawsuit against the other party, get a blank subpoena from the clerk of the court, and serve that on your insurance company. But hopefully it won't come to that.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.