Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

Order id: 16392733-457 Account: 9123554 Today is 9-27-2016,

Customer Question

Order id: 16392733-457
Account:(###) ###-####Today is 9-27-2016, Tuesday.
I telephone called a lawyer company – Baldwin Mader Law Group,(###) ###-####about Porter Finance problem.
Baldwin Mader Law Group said they are willing to write a “demand letter” and the cost to write the “demand letter” is $2,000 dollars.
Baldwin Mader Law Group also said if their law company would start the case to get the $10,000 refund from Porter Finance investment company and return the $10,000 money to me, I would have to pay the law company $5,000 dollars in lawyer fees and I would get $5,000 dollars.
I said why can’t I request $15,000 dollars as the lawsuit amount? If the lawsuit case is $15,000 dollars, I can pay the $5,000 lawyer fees and I get my $10,000 dollars return to me.
The Baldwin Mader Law Company said it can’t be done in that type of plan.
I told that Baldwin Mader Law Company I have an internet law company that help me with answers on deciding how to legally do business with another company.
I said I would have to contact the internet law company, “Just Answer” and ask them how should go to court and regain the complete $10,000 dollars.
I’m asking “Just Answer” if the Baldwin Mader Law Company has good advice for this type of case.
I also have the advice of going to small claims court to get the $10,000 refund from Porter Finance. If I use the small claims court there is no lawyer fees to be paid; in the small claims court there is a small dollar fee to go to court with a judge. Also I have talked to the small claims court people and they said I could lose the case if the paperwork for the case is not in order for the judge of the case.
Brian aaron
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 29 days ago.

I think you can go the small claims court route That is your most cost effective approach. There is a chance of winning or losing whether you hire an attorney or not. I think their fees are a little high. A demand letter should not cost that much.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 27 days ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.