How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having a serious problem here. I ordered an item from

Customer Question

i am having a serious problem here. I ordered an item from Amazon, I returned the item, the money was refunded to my credit card and the issuing bank say they never received it. I have jumped through multiple hoops and the bank won't give me my money. I have all the records and I'm dumbfounded
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: California. The purchase was made in 2015, the refund issued on July 8th of 2016. I know Amazon issued the refund, and I have all the records they did so, my bank is maintaining they have no refund and no money to issue me. $509.00 stolen for whatever reason,
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Multiple disputes with Merrick Bank Visa and Amazon with no resolution. This bank has been doing everything to avoid this refund as well. I sent them a 3 page letter outlining the whole situation as well as providing all the receipts and reference numbers and they give the runaround every time.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would love to get a ridiculous amount of damages for having to scream at 2 companies to give me back my money, if that is possible, I would gladly advertise your services to everybody.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

You have 2 potential remedies here:

1) File a complaint with the State Attorney General's Office (Banks are regulated by the State and complaints such as this investigated by state regulators - this link will help you file with the appropriate body for your bank):

If that doesn't work;

2) File a small claims action against the lender for breach of contract (CA allows suits for up to $10,000.00 where you can sue quickly and easily without needing a lawyer, this link gives you information and all of the forms you need to file your case):