Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My wife's mom who died 12 years ago took a loan from family

Customer Question

My wife's mom who died 12 years ago took a loan from family friend and my wife also took a loan to buy a car possible for something else not sure recently the family friend put a lean on the house as home is paid off,did he have a right to place a lean against her,and what her late mother owed,she has made payments every single month for many years even back before her mom passed away
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Expert:  legalgems replied 25 days ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 25 days ago.

To be clear, the lien was put on the house owned by the person who borrowed the money, correct? Also did they have a court judgment?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
It was my wife's late mom borrowed first died 12 years ago,wife borrowed money for car from same Falkland friend believe it was just typed when I saw your site it say it costs 5.00 agpfter answer an additional 1.00 I got email showing 5.00 but below shows a nectar 31.00 that's not what your site showed as if it's for membership I don't want it,SEVERLY upset with getting two fpdifferent prices esp 30.00 more then showed on origional. Site if they charged me for membership cancel it and I feel I should get the extra 30.00 I was charged as that's not the charge that was advertised
Expert:  legalgems replied 25 days ago.

I'm an individual contributor on the site so I don't have access to your information. I will send it to the moderators so they can assist you.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I'm still SEVERLY upset site said initial 5.00 charge and after answer 1.00 extra 31.00 not just the 1.00 it showed on site I want a refund of 30.00 as that over charge isn't what it showed on site when I first looked