LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

During a trip home on Amtrak, I made a comment to fellow

Customer Question

during a trip home on Amtrak, I made a comment to fellow smokers, not talking to the worker, she got loud with me.i ignored her she said it again I said to her excuse I did not answerer you because I was not talking to you. you have no right to be talking to me like that, what is your name I going to report you. she turned her body away from me I reached to see her name tag and she struck me twice on my left hand hard. I am on total dissabilty I had major surgery in 96, I have nerve damage on my left side. I called Amtrak and told themno apolgy yet, what's more as I was telling a passenger what happened she past me muttering im going to get this bitch thrown off. she tried. my family say's I should see a lawyer, what do you think.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: this is not real estate
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I reported it to Amtrak and the conductor of the train I tried to make a police report, they don't take them on amtrak
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about what you went through . If you were assaulted/battered by the employee on the train, you do have a legal basis to file a civil lawsuit and go after her criminally. If you want to see her charged, you can and should go to the police and file a report. I am inclined to believe there is video of the incident, so thy should be able to verify your story. Now, as far as a civil cause of action, if you were damaged or injured, you can not only sue her but have a cause of action and claim against Amtrak, since she was working and in the scope of her employment, when this happened.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I went to the police station they said they don't take complaint about Amtrak.

Then it would be best to consult with a personal injury attorney and see if they can represent you and if they think you have a valid cause of action against the company, as a result of being assaulted by one of their employees.